Thursday, December 13, 2007

Why am I here?

No no, I'm not starting to dislike South Africa or question my move...yet. But today I realized that I have to come up with a better elevator pitch as to why I decided to move to SA. I went into the Accenture offices today and met several people (including the country managing partner) who asked me that question and i kept trying to make it sound nice, but i don't think its good enough. I should just start telling people that, yes, i'm here because i thoroughly enjoy slashing my income, paying more in taxes, and suffering through not knowing anyone and anything in my surrounding. I'm only joking though (for those who take what i say too seriously!) about that last part being my reasoning. I'll take suggestions as to my 2-3 sentence elevator pitch.

By the way, so far I've met more people than i expected at this point. Of course I'm mostly an introvert, so i'm not the kind that goes out to the bars or goes in the middle of the street alone and yells out really loud so that everyone knows that i'm an american...or something like that. But interestingly, i've met up with friends of friends of friends, etc. and its been really neat to get their perspectives and see different parts of jo'burg with them.

random shoutout #8975: congrats tory! she's the new ceo of tory, inc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what exactly do you say?