Friday, December 7, 2007

Dislikes

Don't worry, the next post will be my "likes"...

Things I don't like about SA so far:

-Business hotel...yes, i'm technically here on business too, but everyone here is business-y, no real tourists

-Left side business...seriously, almost everything is left side oriented. even walking. im used to taking the right hand side when i walk past someone, but that gotten me into some interesting clashes so far

-Mall culture...everything here revolves around the malls. i got a little heads up about this from a good friend and she was completely right. particularly in the suburbs, you can't really do anything without going to the mall. i hate malls. possibly even more so here than in the states.

-Unpacking my bags...my bags were so perfectly, tightly and beautifully packed (thx sis) and now i have to unpack them and repack them when i leave the hotel. rough life, really.

-5 bees...yes, i opened up my windows today to get some fresh air and i had to kill 5 bees that made my room their home. i gave them a proper death and burial, tho. feel free to call me tarzan, or something like that.

-no computer...i thought i'd be brave and go a month w/o a computer (longest ever). it has been 5 days and i'm starting to regret that. this is also the reason why y'all will not be seeing pictures until around january, when i get a laptop.

thats all i can think of now. i'll update as i continue the adventure.

No comments: