Saturday, April 16, 2011

meet kristy and tayo

move over kate and william. theres a new hot royal couple! really, they're hot! and they're royalty!

stunning!


last weekend, i was honoured to be asked to be the best man at my brother's wedding. and it was a completely beautiful affair. the wedding was full of laughter, crying (quite a bit), some very pleasant surprises, some not so nice moments, more laughter, lots of emotions, and lots of love. leading up to the wedding, i actually tried not to think about it too much, because for those of you who know, it was a pretty emotional thing for me. I wasn't sure what to expect. Even trying to write and practice my best man toast was such a mission and emotionally draining that i put that off as well until the very last moment!

hole in 1? more like 100...
but alas, the wedding was totally beautiful. we had an amazing time. the mix of cultures with roots in africa, north america, asia, europe, etc was really an awesome sight and setting. i even played golf for the first time. ever. as my brother thought it would be a good idea to hit the course the morning of the wedding. it was. lots of fun. and the day couldnt have been more beautiful. oh, and the church was stunning, the photographer amazing, bridesmaids beautiful, the guests lovely, and on...


so, even though I've done some toasting of the couple already, I wanna do it again publicly. Here's to tayo and kristy! my big bro has always been a mentor, a guide, and a great example for me to emulate. I can see exactly what kristy sees in him and what he sees in her. they match. i can understand the countless people that came up to them to tell them what an inspiration they, individually and collectively, have been in their lives. I pray, and i know!, that you guys will continue to be more of an inspiration and light to those that are around you. I can't wait to watch you as you grow in your love and marriage. And please please please dont feel like you have to wait for those pikin's to start poppin' out! I want little nieces and nephews already! and i promise ill babysit - as long as you bring them over to SA first! 


she's really nigerian now!

keep livin, lovin, & laughin. here! here!

 




chillaxin'. too school for cool!
  



those kids can move!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your brother look alike Mr F!

bunmi said...

folu, where r my pics? I need to complete the album for mama so i can get it back in time for mom and dad to take to naija

KLS said...

Hey brother! You were the hit of the party! So glad you're my brother...

Thank you for your love, support, prayers, and toasts(part 1&2!). What an amazing day! What an amazing life! All praise to God for pulling THAT one off!