Sunday, January 31, 2010

mba begins

so this weekend marked the first few days of my mba programme at uct. ive still got a lot of issues to sort out logistically, but i'm trying to not let it bug me down and just enjoy my time. i don't really have a lot to say, so i'm gonna limit myself to 2 points. one is an administrative matter and the other more interesting:

1. administrative point. unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately; depends on ur point-of-view), i will not be updating this blog as frequently anymore. although, some may argue that i wasnt posting that often anyway. anyway, with school getting under way, I'll probably at best be able to post only about once a month or whenever something extremely interesting happens. i dont think many people really wanna hear about how i spent my days at the library and making some group presentation, etc.

2. more interesting point. these last 2 days,we've had a brief orientation into our professional development course, and its been extremely interesting. ok, maybe before i wouldve dismissed it as way-too-soft skills and airy fairy stuff. but i think its different now, cuz im in an environment thats new, exciting, and different, requiring that incredibly diverse and strong people and personalities get to know each other quickly and work together and perform well. the 2 days was filled with a lot of introducing yourself and doing some weird and crazy icebreakers and learning how to develop relationships within teams that we'll be working with all year. one of the things that struck me, so positively, is how many people within this class who are actually doing the programme to make a difference in their communities. and im not talking about the kinda difference i was making with accenture - helping rich people get richer - rather, life changing, social status-uplifting changes, from small initiatives to ruling the world and changing it for the better. lots of these were lofty (perhaps unachievable) goals (like the kinds i have!), but it was so cool to know that people are actually thinking of such things (other than me). i hope to meet every single one of them and together go out and change the world. So that, in the words of my favourite economist, the future can say of our generation that "we sent forth mighty currents of hope, and we worked together to heal the world"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a question as you did in the fall publication of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=home plan pro 5.2.12.4 ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)